Saturday 13 July 2013

Summer Lip Products

Hi Lovelies!!

If you're from the UK, you'll know that at long last the sun has come out to play! This means that not only has the summer wardrobe finally been pulled out, so to has the summer make up. I tend to tone down my whole look for summer, wanting as little on my face as possible; still, I can't resist a bit of lipstick. I thought I'd share the lip products I've been using the most; adding a bit of vibrancy to my other wise minimal make up.



As you can see, I'm loving all things vibrant right now! 



1) Maybelline ColourSensational
Shocking Coral


There's nothing coral about this, it's definitely more of a vibrant pink. Despite the misleading name, I love it! The lasting power on this is pretty good too!

2) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
Honey


This is the only one out of my collection that's a little more modest in colour, but sometimes it's nice to be a little more understated. 

3) L'Oreal Paris GlamShine Stain Splash
Princess


Another pink shade here, and when applied I think it has a slight tint of orange/coral. It's super easy to apply, and as it has quite a sheer finish it's a nice way to add a hint of colour without being too bold. 

4) Revlon Lip Butter
Tutti Frutti


This has been one of my go-to lipsticks for the past few weeks, I love the coral colour and the sheer finish, I also find it to be quite moisturising which is perfect for the summer!

5) MAC Sheen Supreme
New Temptation


I'm usually a fan of matte red lipsticks, but I think that for the hot summer days it's a bit too much. This is perfect as it means I can have my red lipstick fix but with a summer twist as it's a lovely sheer application. It's super moisturising too. This is new to my make up collection but I can already see us going into a long-term relationship together. 


I hope this was useful to some of you. For lipstick fans, it's nice still to be able to wear a lip colour but with a summer twist. Although thinking about it, I am pretty excited to get back to my winter shades too! 

I'm planning on doing a post about my hair soon, I'm currently in the process of going blonde (very nearly there!) and it's hit me that there are very few colours I haven't been. Please do let me know if you'd like a thorough post about the various colours, maintenance and how to achieve the colours- would this be of any use or interest to anybody? 

-K
x




7 comments:

  1. These all look really nice. I need to try one of the L'Oreal Lip Stains! Now following your fab blog :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look good I love the Revlon lip butter! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lip butters are great, I keep meaning to try out the different colours! x

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the Revlon lip butters - that shade is so gorgeous! I wore Just Bitten in Honey today, it's a bit darker on my skintone so it makes a change from my usual nude lip! ^.^

    flawedfairytale fashion blog ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend the lip butters, I love the formula!
      Ahh great minds n'all that ;) x

      Delete
  4. I love my Revlon lip butters- I think I'm addicted I've bought 3 in the past month!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete