Monday 22 July 2013

A Fountain of Talent

Hi lovelies!

This post is a little bit different to the norm for me, but in recent weeks I've been pretty overwhelmed by how many talented (and kind!) people I know, I'm not quite sure why this has taken me so long to realise; but finally I have!
It's a lovely feeling being surrounded by such talented folk, and I never have to search far for a helping hand. This post acts as both a thank you and a note to all of you that you should check out these blogs and pages!

Firstly, I'd like to introduce you all to my close friend;



Vicky has basically been on the receiving end of many stupid questions, late night emails and a constant source of support during the release of my book (and in general.) She's an incredibly talented lady! She's also battled through two attempts of taking my head shots, and honestly, I'm useless; she just lets me get on with it.




Next we have the designer of my book cover! Yazz and I go way back, and she's definitely one to keep an eye on. She's incredibly talented at graphic design and art. (Although not so great at the blogging thing, I'll whip her into shape soon enough!)



You've probably seen me talk about Hannah from Daisies & DMs before, an incredibly talented artist and illustration. She designed my previous blog header and most recently has designed the merchandise to go in hand with my book! I'm also a fan of her blog; she's a lady with great taste!



I spend quite a lot of time stalking Roxy's photography page on facebook, and I've been lucky enough to work with her a couple of times. (Most recently for a project that I can't wait to share with you!) I'm awful at the whole 'modelling' thing, but she still manages to work with me and I really am amazed by her talent.



I met Danielle last week (for the above mentioned project) and as some of you may have noticed, my blog has had a design overhaul! This is all down to the lovely Danielle volunteering herself for this, and I'm so happy with the results. She's a very talented graphic designer!


And finally,  Liam is also a graphic designer and finalises the trio of people who I worked with last week. Another person who has been great support with my book and approached me with his idea for a project. (I don't know if project is the right word, but I'm not sure how much I can say at the moment!) 



Honestly, there are so many other people I could include but the large majority of them don't have a website or blog (boooo) despite my incessant nagging at them to make a page. (I just want more internet friends!) 
Being able to interact with, receive help from and work with so many talented and artistic people makes life seem that little bit rosier. Thank you all for making my life that little bit easier!
I can't express how many times I've been close to throwing the towel in on my book, but the overwhelming support I've had from people like this has spurred me on that little bit further. 

-K
x




2 comments:

  1. I provide a gif summing up my feelings about this post. xxxxx
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m36sa5fSsG1rtbmh0o1_400.gif

    ReplyDelete